DIY Elderberry Syrup
All of the following Ingredients may be found at Fresh Start:
- 1 cup fresh or 1/2 cup dried elder berries
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup raw local honey
- 1 organic cinnamon stick, 3 cloves, and a pinch of dried ginger root (optional)
- Place berries, water, and spices in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Smash the berries to release remaining juice and strain the mixture.
- Allow liquid to cool and stir in honey.
Will last for 2-3 months stored in the refrigerator.