Turmeric and Ginger are well known for their ability to reduce inflammation and lower bad cholesterol. Try using the fresh, bulk Turmeric and Ginger we carry at Fresh Start Nutrition to make a tea!
- 4 tsp dried organic turmeric
- 4 tsp dried ginger
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup plus 3 cups of water (1 cup for steeping 3 for dilution)
- Measure the turmeric, ginger, and black pepper.
- Place into a small saucepan.
- Cover with the 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for a few minutes and then turn off heat.
- Add honey after heat has been turned off.
- Cover the saucepan and let it steep for at least an hour. You can let it steep overnight for a stronger concentration.
- Using cheesecloth, strain the mixture to remove some of the gritty powder and fresh ginger if you have opted for the fresh root. This will make the texture smoother.
- You can store the concentration and make one drink at a time or add the 3 cups water and store in a quart sized jar in the refrigerator. More water can be added according to the taste you are looking for. The same goes for sweetener.