DIY Vapor Rub
When your family has the sniffles, make a soothing, petroleum-free vapor rub at home:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil,
- 2 TBSP beeswax
- 20 drops of eucalyptus oil (only 4 drops for use on babies and young children)
- 20 drops peppermint oil (omit this oil if for children/babies)
- 10 drops rosemary oil (omit for use on babies and small children)
- 10 drops cinnamon (optional – omit for use on babies or small children)
Vapor Rub Instructions
- Melt beeswax with oil of choice in a double boiler until just melted.
- Add the essential oils
- Stir until well mixed and pour into some type of container with a lid to store. Small tins work well, as do little jars.
- Use as needed to help reduce coughing and congestion.